say cheese: an update in photos

First, let's start off with a pic of your's truly. I realize it's been over a year since you've seen mug shots, so the following is from the Swear-In ceremony held this past Friday - congratz to all the new Volunteers!
Downtown Lome, Togo (so happening)
The Point of No Return in Ouidah. This place was a haunting memorial to the slaves that were taken captive.
The stilt village of Ganvié in Benin. most of these people escaped Cotonou (the capital) to settle on the ocean a few hundred years ago for protection because the main warrior class in Benin is not allowed to traverse water. It's an incredibly touristy place, but was still worth seeing.
***
I meant to have a bigger update, but loading a grand total of 4 pictures just took away a 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back again. Ever. So in a nutshell, that's it.

<< Home